I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Sara over at Amorous Reads. Thanks Sara! Anyone who doesn’t already follow her totally should. The point of the Liebster Award is to bring some recognition to newer blogs. Here are the rules:
Questions from Amorous Reads:
1. What are the top three books on your TBR pile?
The Wrath and the Dawn, Go Set a Watchman, and Finding Audrey
2. When is your favorite time to read?
Whenever I have time. I like to read before I go to bed mostly, but if I have time throughout the day you’ll usually find me with my nose in a book.
3. What is your favorite type of vacation book?
I usually like to take thick, long books with me on vacation so that I don’t have to worry about finishing it and having nothing to read.
4. If you could be close friends with any author, who would it be?
Jennifer Lynn Barnes
5. What is your favorite book read in 2015?
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. The last book in the series comes out in November and I can’t wait.
6. What is your least favorite book read in 2015?
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.
7. Standalone, trilogy, or longer series?
It usually depends on what mood I’m in. I like a good standalone, but sometimes I get too attached to the characters and I want to be with them a little longer. Longer series are always iffy with me because I usually give up a series by the fourth book. (Hence why I haven’t finished Harry Potter, Vampire Academy, Vampire Kisses, The Mortal Instruments, etc.)
8. Which book are you always recommending to others?
I already said The Lunar Chronicles so this time I’ll go with Stolen by Lucy Christopher because I recommend that book a lot and it was really good.
9. Which book or series really got you hooked on reading?
10. If you had to set one bookish goal for yourself, what would it be?
Eliminate my TBR shelf.
11. Why did you start blogging?
To voice my opinions on books, and share my love of books with other people.
Eleven random facts about me:
- I am the pickiest eater you’ll ever meet. My boyfriend is always trying to get me to try new food and he gets so frustrated at me because I basically refuse. I like what I like *shrugs*
- I start college this August to study psychology with a minor in criminal justice.
- My favorite TV shows are Criminal Minds, Friends, House, Grey’s Anatomy, Dexter, Bates Motel, Scream, and CSI: Miami. I like cop and medical shows, with the occasional funny/scary one thrown in.
- Horror and comedy movies are my favorite.
- I have a really strange sleep schedule, hence why this is being posted at nearly 2:30 in the morning.
- Both my boyfriend and I want to be published authors one day.
- I’m probably going to die in a pile of unread books.
- I really love Broadway shows and music and all that jazz. (Any other thespians see what I did there? 😛 )
- I have such a strong urge to travel and see the world, and luckily so does the boyfriend!
- My favorite meal is breakfast because breakfast food is the best food. It could be 6 pm and if I go to a restaurant that serves breakfast, I’m getting breakfast.
- Victoria from Escape into the Pages
- Audrey from Forwards and Bookwards
- A Blessed Brownie
- Krista from Of Love and Wanderlust
- Emma from She Reads Books
- Valerie from I Book Blog 2
- Rachana from Addicted to YA
- Amy and Eleanor from A Fangirl’s Opinion
- McKenzie from Bookish Things and Tea
- What was the first book you reviewed on your blog?
- How do you deal with a reading slump?
- Do you judge a book by it’s cover?
- Do you watch any BookTubers (people on YouTube that talk about books)?
- What do your friends/family think of your blog?
- What was your most anticipated release of 2015? Did it reach you expectations?
- Does it matter to you if your significant other is a reader?
- How many books are on your “to-read” shelf on Goodreads?
- What’s your least favorite book by your favorite author?
- How late have you stayed up to finish a book?
- What’s a book you had to read for school that you dreaded reading at first but ended up really liking it?
Thanks again to Sara for the nomination! Please make sure to check out the blogs I listed and give them a follow if you don’t already. 🙂