I really like to read Buzzfeed articles, especially Buzzfeed articles about bookworms, because hello they’re super relatable. I was reading this one and I thought it was such a great representation of hardcore readers, so I thought I would share it with all of you. You check out the original article here [x]
1. When someone asks you what your favorite book is and expects you to pick just one.
2. When someone interrupts your reading.
Because really, a book is like a Do Not Disturb sign.
3. When the movie version of the book gets everything wrong.
4. And completely ruins your mental images of the characters.
5. When someone tells you they don’t like to read.
6. When you forget to eat or sleep because a book is so good.
7. When your favorite character dies.
And you pretend they’re still alive, but it’s just not the same.
8. When a book you love gets a harsh review.
9. When an author stops writing mid-series.
10. When someone spoils the ending of a book.
Or worse, the ending of an entire series.
11. When you walk into a bookstore.
12. When you lend somebody a book and get back in terrible condition.
13. Or never get it back at all.
14. When you finish a book and have to wait a year for the sequel.
15. When a book makes you cry hysterically in public and everyone thinks you’re crazy.
16. When no one gets your obscure literary references.
17. When someone says you read too much.
So there’s 17 problems only book lovers will understand. 🙂