I’m currently playing catch up on all of the back logged tags that I have, so I have a couple of tags queued up for you guys.
Thank you to Calliope @ Calliope The Book Goddess for tagging me in this! Let’s get started 🙂
1. Croissant: Name a popular book or series everyone (including you) love
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I don’t think I’ve ever encountered someone who read this and didn’t like it.
2. Macaroon: Name a book that was hard to get through but was worth it in the end
I feel like I might shock a few people with this answer but I’m going to have to go with the Harry Potter series. I’m having a slightly difficult time getting through them – I’ve been reading the fourth book since July – but I know once I finish them it’ll all be worth it, so I’m sticking with it!
3. Vol-au-vent: Name a book you thought would be amazing but fell flat
Love Lies Beneath by Ellen Hopkins. My review of the book is here.
4. Pain au chocolat: Name a book that you thought would be one thing but turned out to be something else
The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey. I thought it was going to be your typical fantasy book, and admittedly it was, the Melissa Grey’s writing is fantastic and actually blew me away. I can’t wait to read her other books.
5. Profiterole: Name a book or series that doesn’t get enough attention
Stolen by Lucy Christopher, I don’t see a lot of people talking about this book but I thought was amazing.
6. Croquembouche: Name a book or series that’s extremely complex
The whole Shadowhunter series by Cassandra Clare.
7. Napoleon: Name a movie or TV show that you liked better than the book
The Spectacular Now is the first book that came to mind when I read this question.
8. Empanada: Name a book that was bittersweet
I Was Here by Gayle Forman
9. Kolompeh: Name a book or series that takes place outside of your home country
The Book Thief takes place in Nazi Germany
10. Pate a Choux: Name one food from a book or series that you would like to try
This is kind of obvious, but butterbeer 😛
Tag, you’re it:
- Marie-Sophie @ A Heart for Books
- Meredith @ All ‘Bout Them Books and Stuff
- Maria @ Big City Bookworm