Now that we’re experiencing darker mornings and shorter days, along with some generally gloomier weather, I thought it would be good to make a blog post about staying happy and in a good mood during this time.
These are just general, fun suggestions. I’m in no way trying to “cure” someone’s actual depression.
1. Get a coloring book. Personally, I’ve always loved to color. It was one of my favorite things to do as a child and it’s definitely a hobby that has grown with me. There are so many adult coloring books, and they’re meant to help you calm down and relax. I definitely recommend this.
2. Clean your room/living space. Cleaning can be a little tedious, but when your living space is clean, you really genuinely feel better. My mom always used to say this to me, and I didn’t believe her until I was living on my own. Give yourself time for a deep autumn clean, I’m sure you’ll feel better once you’ve decluttered.
3. Remember to take time for yourself. Remember self-care is so important. Take some time for yourself to unplug from the world. Take a warm bath, do a face mask, paint your nails, etc.
4. Bake. Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies make the house smell so good. They also taste great 😛
5. Stay cozy. Wrap yourself up in cozy blankets and your favorite hot drink and marathon some Netflix. Sometimes it helps to just be.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post. Tell me some ways to stay happy when it’s gloomy.